Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

And Then, On The Way Back From The Quarry...

Everywhere we drove I saw little signs the said "Orchid Tour." On the way back from the quarry there was another one. It seemed all roads led to the Orchid Tour and my interest was piqued. At first Marty said he preferred to do some serious relaxing at the cottage but then changed his mind as we thought, "We're out here anyway, why not?"

So off we went following the little sign, for miles and miles again, on twisty-turny roads until finally there was another little sign. More driving and then, there was a parking lot, a tent and two women with brochures.
We had finally arrived at the Purdon Conservation Area. There is a lovely boardwalk that takes you through the marshy area where the orchids grow from mid-June to early July.
This is a neat way of giving tribute to those who support the area.
And here they are. Throughout the tall grasses, scattered everywhere: Showy Lady Slipper Orchids.
It was another little adventure, well worth the drive. And free too!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful Jennifer. I've heard of the Lady slipper Orchids but never managed to go and see them. Thanks for reminding me.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I just popped in to send a thank you message when I saw these lovely photos from the Omya Quarry and the lovely nature trail in this post. WOW. This is one spectacular place. I always love it when I see photos of places I may never get to visit.

I wanted to thank you for your very sweet and honest comment on today's blog post. I feel so much better about what I perceived to be a dilemma after reading your articulate and well thought out comment. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. They are more than greatly appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails