Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday Adventure

This morning Marty and I are off to Balleycanoe ( simply the BEST salvage resource out there!) to look at tin for the "new" kitchen back splash as well as a couple of enamel farm sinks. I do so enjoy my enamel farm sinks. It was the sink that caught my heart in our first house in Alexandria. When we moved here I put an ad out to find one for the house we live in now. We got it from a farmer named Joe in Hudson, Quebec. I think it is great that each piece of the puzzle becomes part of your story and you get to share in its history too. It also keeps certain treasures out of the dump.
Stainless steel sinks, although most practical and easy to care for, just don't do it for me. If you look carefully and are patient, there are some grand deals out there too.

Above are some more 1930s bark cloth curtains. This time for the kitchen. Love it when a plan comes together.

Only a few more weeks before we get the keys to the new house and Marty begins to move in and start work on the place.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails