Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Monday, January 10, 2011

1947 Hardware Catalogues

You really never know what you might find at Goodwill on any given day. I don't give much thought to what I may have missed, but it is fun to find something interesting. These two catalogues are a good example. They were too pricey for my liking but I wasn't above heading out early to be in line when the doors opened on half price day. (Being such an early bird has got to have its advantages, non?)
Anyway, there were a number of well turned out older gentleman behind me who might be the perfect demographic for such a purchase, but I was fortunate enough to get them.
Marty and Joshua and I spent some lovely time going through them both. The amazing thing is that we actually have a lot of the stuff found in those catalogues!
These would have been used by the store owner to order things for his customers. You could find everything from tools, to guns and ammunition to Christmas ornaments in these. Fun!
I love the paint samples. 100% Pure House Paint, anyone?

Have a great week, Everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails