Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Monday, February 7, 2011

A Little Punch Of Colour

It's another gray day here. After the big dump of snow we got last week, there was more on the weekend and still a little more expected today. Time for a little colour!

As I have been scouring the house for things we do not need to take to the new house, I came across these little colourful sweeties (yes, they are coming with us). I've shared the pig planter and blue vase before but the pink bowl is an oddity I paid a whole four dollars for because I appreciated the crazing inside and the flora relief on the outside. Not your typical kitchen mixing bowl. Too heavy for a soup bowl.
I also pulled out this little Yo-Yo quilt. I actually made this more than 28 years ago,while waiting for my wedding date to arrive. Being of the organised sort, everything was done and ready to go a good number of weeks beforehand. I was bored and needed something to keep my mind occupied. So, out came the scraps and voila! A yo-yo quilt.
It fits in the cradle my grandfather built for me when I was three. My grade eight graduation dress was made (by my mom) from the pink floral fabric.

***Don't forget to leave a comment for my One World One Heart blog giveaway, here.
Also, if you are thinking that you might like to sign up for the fun, it is not too late- deadline is February 12. Go here.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Mitzi Curi said...

Your little yoyo quilt is so sweet! I'm very partial to yoyos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails