Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Quiet Heat

The weather has been alternately very hot, then violently rainy lately. So, we stay inside and think cool, refreshing thoughts.
The gardens and grass don't mind. Everything is growing like crazy out there!

I got this photo from Google images. I have been enjoying watching a pair of these lovely birds in our yard for the past few days. They are Northern Flickers, a type of woodpecker. At first I thought they we Robins but they are a little larger and peck furiously at the ground, eating ants and bugs. Robins are more laid back when searching for worms. I've never seen these around here before.

Well, stay cool everyone. Tomorrow I will post my yard sale finds from Saturday.

1 comment:

Ronna said...

I think flickers are more ant eaters than worm eaters. They generally peck away looking for nice, juicy ants in the ground. Yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails