Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Imitation Being The highest Form Of Flattery

When Marty and I were at the Art Girls Spring Fling I fell in love with Pat Murphy's and Heidi Steiner's wonderful bears. They were made from gorgeous mohair and dressed in vintage finery. Each one had it's own personality. A little too pricey for me, I was reminded of a bear I had at home.
It wasn't mohair but it was an artisan bear made by someone in Quebec. I won it in a draw at a doll show I was participating in in Ottawa years ago. I had packed it away with some other stuff, but brought it out to dress up with some of my own antique and vintage finery.

First she needed a little slip, then a dress that fit just right. This little white baby dress was perfect.
First, not being mohair but a vintage-looking type of plush I gave her a fashionable trim. Sounds better than 'shaving her face.' After she was all dressed up I thought she needed something in her "hair" or on her head, as it were. Digging about I found a pair of lovely velvet Violet earrings with little rhinestones in them. Just the right touch to finish off her "look."
Her necklace was a gift from Kate Clawson a while back.
To finish it all off a little pair of old, worn shoes. Not bad if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

She looks lovely. Ready to have a tea party.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails