Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Place Card Holders

 It all began with a bag of pine cones found for a dollar at Goodwill.  They reminded me of little trees.  I've have often thought how nice it would be to make something special to put at each place setting for Christmas dinner.

 So, I went looking for some tinsel to create a little wreath-like base and also happened upon the glittered gold snowflakes.  I glued the snowflakes to the backs of the pine cones and added some snowy texture medium to the pine cone tips and stuck on some mica flakes.

Then I used my Tim Holtz die to cut out little paper banners on which to write each person's name.

They look cute all nestled together, like a little snowy forest.  They were so easy to make too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails