Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Little Christmas Stocking Novelty

 Last year I got the crystal Christmas tree kit. This year it was the same kit, but a Bonsai tree.

                  It's simple to assemble and then you just add water which is also included.

 It says it only take six hours to grow.  Well, I assembled it in the evening so this is what it looked like when I went to bed.  Off to a good start.  Pretty cool.

The next morning it was covered and heavy with crystals.  After this shot it ultimately fell over under its own weight.  I always loved science as a kid and it wasn't unusual for me to try out some the fun experiments in my dad's old science project magazine or with my chemistry set.  I know.  This is simple stuff but the results are always thrilling.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

How fun! And the crystals are even green.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails